Changes to the Welfare State - 2012/2013
|This course is being run in house.|
The Welfare State is facing its biggest ever year of change in the last 50 years. This one day training and information day will consider the main changes that have recently been introduced, and look in detail at the ones that will be introduced during 2012/13.
- The Welfare ReForm Act
- Local Housing Allowance (freeze in rates, DHP pots etc.)
- The introduction of a weekly Benefits Cap and its effect on HB
- The abolition of Council Tax Benefit and replacement by a Local Scheme
- The over-occupancy rules – the plans to reduce HB in Social Housing for those with additional bedrooms
- the transfer of the Social Fund Scheme to local authorities
- Universal Credit
- Housing Costs and Pensioners
- Personal Independence benefits
The content of this Workshop will be presented by Andy Thurman -
Andy Thurman is one of the most knowledgeable practitioners in the Housing Benefit field. He has a wide-ranging understanding of the issues facing HB/CTB customers and an ability to communicate the most complex of issues.
An experienced trainer and practioner and one of our most valued consultants. He is a subsidy specialist so you can be sure that is a subject that will feature highly in all his training deliveries!